Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Time in the Boonies

So,I know Ive not written on here in months.Greif has a horrible hold on someone at times.I've been trying to cope,and its one day at a time.I've been doing pretty good,but now,I'm back to just ok. I have things to look forward to,and stuff around here to keep me busy. My boys are both playing little leauge this year,and watching them is a blast. We are hosting Easter Dinner here at our home this year,and then,a bridal shower for my friend Melanie who is getting married in May. Its non stop around here. I like that,most days.Keeps my mind occupied,and my hands busy. Yesterday,weee doggie,we worked and worked in the yard. I'm talking big tractor work,not diggin in the flower beds work. We are going to attempt a garden this year. I got all my seeds at the local Dollar General store.Most were 3 packs for a dollar. I'm not expecting prize winning cucumbers here,but I do hope to have enough to make dill pickles.Those are highly requested by our friends,and some family. Our garden patch,as I'm calling it,is not big. We live on a hill,so its at the bottom of our west facing hill.It gets full morning,and mid day till about 4pm sun,so I hope thats enough. We dont have any real level places on our property.except for the front yard,and a little down the hill. My patch is about 12 ft long and about 5 ft wide. I cant remember all the seeds Ive got.I know I do have beets,lettuce,cucumbers,squash,and watermellon. I'm also turning one of the flower beds in front of the house into an herb garden.Its only got a few items that come back in it,so they are going to be moved to other beds.I've got to till the soil with a small tiller today,add some garden soil to it,and some plant food.I got my seeds for the herbs at the D.G> store as well. Basil,thyme,parsley,and dill. My MIL taught me that you can pick the herbs when they come in,and they will keep making.Also,you can wash them,and freeze thm,and just hack off what you need,as you need it.I might try to try some things too.We have another flower bed int he shade under a beautiful old tree in the side yard. Caleb likes to play in it,and dig.Not this year! If he does,it wont be pretty seeing the hissy fit,I will throw.I scraped off more top dirt from the garden patch yesterday to fill in the flower bed. Im going to till in some top soil froma bag into there today too.I've got lavender,pansies,impatitents,and Iris that are going into that one. Iris is the state flower of TN. And they are so beautfiul blooming in my Nanny inlaw's yard right now.They are also my Memaw,in MS,favorite flower. I hope they do well being moved.I had some I got from my MIL,that I moved to our old house,and they did well. Ive got some old bulbs Mama gave me too.Im putting them in the dirt as well. I know this blog is normally kind of humerous,so I will share a story about me driving Uncle Bills big tractor. It has a big bucket on the front.So I filled it up with tree branches and debris from a tree that had fallen in the fall. I go down the hill,and dump my bucket onto the burn pile,and as Im getting ready to make the loop and come back up,I notice Josh waving and hollering. Oh No,what n the sam hell did I do? He was clomping down the hill and pointing at one of the front tires. I noticed it then.The ENTIRE tire had come off the rim!!! I had no clue! I've only driven a tractor once before yesterday {and my wonderful Josh taught me on both tractors}.So he tried his best to get it back on the rim,which he did,with sucess.BUT,then the ded blame thang,wouldnt air up! He had to take the tire to the shop at the GP inlaws house to fix it. It was only a delay in working our butts off yesterday.B/c soon as he got it fixed,it was back to hard work. Im proud of the work,me,Josh and Nate did yesterday.Today will be a repeat,except I DO get to dig in the dirt of my flower beds! So on a wish and a prayer,I hope it all is fruitful!

No comments: