Monday, October 27, 2008

My Guinea Pigs are revolting!

The big Guinea pig that is.poor ole Neil.I fixed him a plate of baked flounder,sweetpotato salad and brocolli last night.poor man hated it.he even went so far as to tell me he didnt like any of it.Not in a mean way.He just asked if I could stick to stuff we know we like,and not to waste the meager grocery budget on experiaments right now.So tonight for supper,its beans,and cornbread and cabbage,and pork chops.the KISS meathod.Keep it simple sweetie,lol.Its turned cool here in Dixie,and comfort foods are what we will be having.We've got company coming tomorrow night.When I asked my new buddy what she wanted,her reply was simple too.Fried Chicken,mashed potatos,and green beans.Easy.ANd my ttaers are famous.at least in my group of friends.I use real butter,and cream and whip them suckers into fluffly white froth.I keep it simple,and it pays off.I cant make good fried Chicken without Neil either.He and I work well,most of the time,in the kitchen.So the trying new things is off hte menu for a bit.except for Halloween.I will be making Colcannon.Its a tradtional Irish halloween dish you put cabbage and potatos in.And yes,a wee bit o bacon too.I hope to do my Irish roots proud.Your tradtionally supposed to put things like a ring,a button,and a thimble in it,and those who get them in their serivngs will be blessed accordingly.But I wont be doing that b/c I have small kids.their luck will just have to be the innocence of youth.Ahh,its good to be home....

No comments: