Friday, June 13, 2008

Friends..Such good friends

This morning Im talking to my best friend,Crystal,{besides Neil,of cource}.Shes sitting on her porch drinking coffee and Im sitting on the patio drinking coffee and we miss each other.We're both smoking our morning Marlboros,and gossiping about home folks and even folks from here.She and I go way back to 3rd grade for me and 2nd for her.I was a grade ahead of her and we are 5 months apart in age.We've done some crazy shit in our day.We walked from her house to my house in tha dark and ice one night cuz it started sleeting and her Mama said she had to come home.I was scared to deathe the cyotes was gonna eat me.She protected me and laughed at me the whole time.But we made it.We've been through marriages,babies,boyfriends,wild and crazy nights where we woke up still drunk,and now new husbands.We've been apart,we've been toghether and we've been stoned too many times to count.We've had our good ole times and slept with the same people,just not at the same time,except that one time.But she was really too drunk to remember.lol.We made it through my parnets divorce and her Mamas stroke.We've fought for weeks and cried for days.Ive been pissed at her and didnt know why and she apologised for whatever it was and we were good.Now we're in the same place in our life.We've got good men,and stable homes and yet we're still crazy.But thats what life is all about.We talk about getting old and living in the nursing home.Getting our grand kids to sneak us in some green stuff,after we either kill our husbands or they die.Whatever comes first.We know our ups and downs have made us stronger not only as women but as the best of friends.No matter what happens.We know there will be more ups and downs but since we've been there and done that shit we know can and will make it through.GOd gave us each other,and she is my sister I love her a bunch.

No comments: