Sunday, June 22, 2008

Where my Feet have Trod

In 2006,while at Mission Beach in San Deigo,Ca,I snapped a pic of my feet in the water.I took this shot to prove to myself and everyone else Id been in the Pacific.I was there with my 80 something great Uncle and he didn't walk out to the water with me.So I took off shoes and socks and ran right in.My how exhilarating.It was cold,and windy and Feb .But it was GREAT.then later on that trip my brothers friend took one of me on Rocks in Palm Springs,the main thing you see is the bottom of my tennis shoes.I called that My self discovery trip.I started something woth that feet pic.Two of my girlfirends who had come out of similar sitations took similar trips.The whole leaving your bad vibes away from home thing.One of them took pics of her feet in the Gulf Of Mexico.The other took barefooted pics in SNOW in CO.I think those moments we left bad stuff in far away places and came home better women.Stronger women.Now when I travel I take barefooted feet pics.It lets me see where my feet can take me if I put my mind to it.Ive started something with other firends when they travel too.I know groups who have their things they do.A cousin takes a monkey with her that gets passed around,another collects shot glasses,but me and my friends take barefooted pics.The Philly trip was the most difficult sine I was wearing tennis shoes and socks and it was spitting snow,so my feet froze,but it was worth it.Feeling my bare feet on the steps of Independance hall was a feeling I will always remeber and it made me feel glad to be an AMerican.Sappy crap sounding I know,but Its MY memory.I walked where our nation was born and brave men commited treason.To me it was Biblical Awesome.Now where I go feet pics are snapped.I have long,somewhat mannish feet and now I have a flower tatoo,But the symoblism is the same.I remind myself where my feet have trod and the great life I have.

No comments: