Saturday, August 29, 2009

Full Time College Student

While Ive always been a student of life, I like to be the student of a school too. So last week, I finally finished my school registration. Sheeew! Im taking a full load,all online this semester. I've changed my major from English,to History, now to Secondary Education. I hope to teach English or History. I am SO thrilled that I can finally be a FT student. For the first time in my almost 28 years. Ive got a lot of my basics out of the way already,thanks to night school. So now,according to my advisor, I should be able to graduate the local Community College Im enrolled in, next summer after the 2nd session. Then Ill transfer to my college to get my Bachelors. I am not sure yet if Ill transfer to UT or UM. Gone is the dream of graduating from Ole Miss. That changed when we moved here. But thats ok. I really dont care WHERE I get my piece of paper from,so long as I get it. I dont not think it will be easy by anymeans, but I have made better grades in college than i ever did in high school. While Josh and I are not materialistic at any point, 2 incomes will be nice one day.
I hope to share with students the passion I felt walking up the steps to Independance Hall in Philly,the sweeping views of Ft.Hill in Vicksburg, and being in a place like San Diego,where one of the oldest settlements in the US is. Ahhhh, I cant wait. I say Im on the 14 year plan, as in 14 years after graduating from high school,but if I stay on the track I INTEND to stay on, I can knock it out in 2 1/2 years. So Yay for me!
I know this blog today is totally self serving,but I my need to come back and re-read the enthusiasm I have today!

No comments: