Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Family Pizza taste test.

For My friends, Michelle and Shelley

This evening the boys and I made Pizza's for supper. I let them help some in the kitchen,but mainly I get to anal and just tell them to move. Im working on being a super mom,lol.So its starting with me TRYING to be more paitent. Working just fine since school started back...Anyway. So Pillsbury has these new Cresent sheets. Great for me and my breakfast casserole. Josh,ever the hunter gatherer man brouht home 3 cans the other night.Proud of his find! Me too. so,since we normally have pizza on Friday round here,I decided to change it up a bit. Im walking on the wild side I know. I have 2 friends Ive met on my Cruise Site. They will be on the group cruise in July. One is from Long Island, the other from Chicago. You can imagine the banter back and forth between them! I personally have Never been to NYC or CHI. so I dont know WHAT kind I prefer. I lean more towards the Chicago style b/c I like hot,heavy,gooey saucy pizza,and a thick crust. HOWEVER, I like the crispiness of a fire roasted bottom and a lil crunch with the softness of a NY style. But they NEVER have enough sauce for me. So, tonight with the same ingredients we made our TN version of both pizza's.

We used.

on each pizza

1 can cresent sheets

Great Value pizza sauce

GV Mozzerella Cheese,

Hormel Pepperoni {Nate and I are trying to be better epicurians}

grated Parm cheese



On one pan we made it like a thin crust pizza. I patted out the crust and par baked it for 10 minutes on 375. Then on the toppings went. I let the boys do this. So there is a semi layer of pepperoni,nother layer of cheese,and more pepperoni, and parm cheese. The kids had fun! It was cool standing there,trying not to control everything too. I just let it flow. how ever they wanted it done, aside from Caleb piling up 7 on one spot. I didnt even get onto them for eating the pepperoni as they were putting them on the crust. It was a pure wonderful moment,even though it was breif. Baked it at 400 for about 10 minutes. Nate was impressed at how FAST it cooked.



The second one is still in the oven now. We did that one a wee different. I put the crust in a round cake pan and did not par bake it. On the oven I lowered the heat to 350. We fitted the crust around the pan, then Nate layered pepperoni in the bottom. then on went slices of Mozzerella and another layer of the same thing. then the sauce went on top of that and a generous sprinkle, ok dousing of parm cheese.



So Now....supper is here in a bit and we shall see which one we all like best....

And the hands down winner is The TN NYC style. even I preffered it better. way less salty than the pan style one.
But as always the debate still goes on and on!!!

No comments: