Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter Mess Jan 2010

So this morning I looked outside and guess what, the weather men out of Memphis,and several weather sites,were actually CORRECT! Theyre predicitng snow later today too.Right now its just ice and sleet,and minimal at that. But looking over the radar over in Arkansas,its going to hit us here. What the weather men cant tell us,{and really the dont KNOW!} is HOW much of this crap will accumulate. The schools are closed,DUH,and daycares and the like.
BUT, this year instead of taking diet pills in winter weather, we are preparing to move from our current house. We're a product of the poor economy and are trying to sell our house before they want it back.I'll bitch about that later.
But right now my house is in total chaos! there are boxes all over,painting gear and 2 5 gallon buckets of paint, well one is Kilz. there is still some painting to do, but we aint crazy enough to paint in weather like this. Blessedly the weather has been fair,so the paint has dried.
We had a trashing party over the weekend. My enighbor came over and we got rid of all that crap that accumulates in your house. So theres not that to battle. Its really made moving furniture and the little bit of packing we've done already MUCH easier. But still. Josh ahs to work tonight and Im not sure how to keep the kids quiet during this mess.I dont think theyd take to kind to Mama packing up toys when they need them the most. The wii is already moved,so Nate will be bored,and Caleb is already being a grumpy 2 year old.
While I thought the weathermen were full of it this time, I aint crazy,so I did stock up on basic neccesities. Like toilet paper,coffee,fruit snacks and bought a carton of smokes! I wont be caught unawares like I did one time last year!
The first flakes are beginning to fall as I write this,and its still sleeting too. I have a back up plan for survival in this too. XANAX!!!

No comments: