Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cop Killers Should Be Hung on the Courthouse Lawn

I read yesterday that a 25 year old Philadelphia,PA police officer was shot and killed in the line of duty.He is the first this year,but the fourth to be shot by a thug since October of '07,per an online article I read.This is not just happening in big cities like Philly,the City of Brotherly Love,the true birthplace of our great Nation.It burns me up!One of my brothers that I claim is a police officer,and I have various friends in law enforcement.I had a friend who was fataly injured in a car wreck in the line of duty some years ago.That was horrible.He was so full of life.In the recent ice and winter mess,a police Chief in small town AR,was killed when an icy tree limb fell on him.While the car wreck,and tree limb are horrible on there own,a police officer getting shot and killed in the line of duty affects me worse.THese men and women who put on a badge everyday to serve and protect are there to help other people.I am VERY PRO GUN! In the legal way.The reason we have gun laws is to protect all of us.But there are some people who think they are above the law,in this case.Oh,sure,I speed,and at times do what we call Mississippi Rollin Stops,but I dont have a gun with the intent of doing bodily harm to those who are trying to help.I do have a gun.As soon as the state of Tn gets off their butt,I will have a permit to carry the gun on my person.THere are places where I wont be able to wear it.Places that serve alcohol,and places that have signs posted that firearms are prohibited.Places like the DMV,and other various govt. buildings.I will have no problem unsrtapping to enter these places.B/c that is the LAW.When a cop is gunned down in cold blood,it truly pisses me off!!!! I feel like it is such a waste.I mean,who is the thug,to say that this officer needs to be shot? For the one who chooses to shoot the cops,or anyone,in cold blood,must KNOW its illegal,even if they disagree.There are some laws,I feel that way about.BUT the laws I feel that way about,Dont hurt anyone.Theres one in Ms that says a girl under a certian age,cannot be in a car with a male with her shoes off.ANd its illegal to drive barefooted.Some may say you cant pick and choose which ones you want to follow,and follow them.That the law is the law.Ok,sure.But the laws I disagree with,arent likely to get anyone killed.Shooting someone in self defence is NOT MURDER.Shooting your spouce when you catch them in bed with someone else is not murder either.No,its not really the right choice,but you are not in your right frame of mind then either.Shooting a someone,b/c theyve stepped up to help the ones who is defensless IS MURDER! I believe in due process and all that mess,for the ones who wind up on death row,who could possibly be innocent.I am pro dealth penalty,too.I am pro death penalty,if there is either video tape evidence,or more than 2 people who see you do it.I could not,however,send someone to death based on circumstance.Id like to think our justice system would not try for the death penalty in circumstace cases.But they do.If I were on a jury and sent someone to death row,if there was even one doubt,Id be just as guilty of murder.Ive never served on a jury,so I can not speak from expericnece.I hope I never have to be on a death penalty case either,unless it is cut and dry,and black and white proof.In the case of the PPD officer,there are eye witnesses,so therefore the thug should be hung.No due process,not big media frenzy over this mess,cut and dry.He shot the officer,he speedily pays with his own life.Same goes for child molesters too.There should be no rehabilitation,no sex offender list,no signs in the yard,none! Hang em high.B/c in a way,they took a life too!No phycsically,but the emotional scars to the victim,YES VICTIM,will always be there.There should be some justice there too.I dont know what that feels like either,thank God,but I think that person,no matter how old,will live in some kind of fear.Maybe if we just strung em up,the victim could have some peace.I am pro rooting out the TelBan in Afgansitan!!!They made us bleed,so yes,they should suffer and pay for it too!Do I think we need to get out of Iraq,yes.BUT,not until we have helped them all we can.Are our forces getting killed over there for them,hell yes they are.But the way I see it,is they are only helping people.And it will take time to help people learn there is another way of life besides one of oppression.So,that way,every soldier,and American who died on 9/11,and on the USS COLE will not have died in vain.Fighting an elusive enemy.Do I think America should be the worlds police?No.DO I think that we are the only ones who have the right ideas about human rights,and are the cornerstone of morality,no.BUT,good men and women have paid the ultimate sacrifice trying to show others that there is a better way.I can relate to mental illness,but the soldiers who kill themselves,to me are cowards! This is yet another soap box I am on.No,we as humans are not perfect.We screw up all the time.But I dont think the people who put their lives on the line to try to make a diffrence should be slaughtered for it!!!I will pray for our soldiers until the day I die.Both in war and peace.That,to me,includes,cops,soldiers,firefighters,and EMS.Having gone through EMT training,I would have done everything I could have to help my fellow man.My husband has done it! ANd not for show,or even a Thank-You,but b/c its the right thing to do.I hope I can instill that in my children.!I think that maybe of we had swifter punshiment for those crimes that are directly wintessed,maybe that would make someone with murder on their mind to think twice.Life in prison is not the answer!I know Im ranting,but thank GOd I have that right.Thank God that those men in Philadelphia saw that opression was wrong and commited treason.So we can bitch about what we'd like,drive around free as birds,and sleep in peace at night.I know this particular blog is all over the place about the injustices,and my own opinions about right and wrong.But I know I am not alone!!!

No comments: