Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm Busy in my Sleep.

So,this morning when I got up,Neil asked me who I was talking to.I looked at him through still sleep hazed eyes,and said simply,HUH?He said,Yeah,you were talking to someone in your sleep.I said very cleary last night,No,I dont know what youre going through,and NO,I dont understand.He said he thought I was talking to him.Only when he questioned me I merely mumbled and rolled over.This is not the first time this has happend with us.Neil talks in is sleep from time to time too.But its mainly me who does it.I googled sleep talking this morning.Why I've never done it before,I don't know.
WebMD said its harmless,normally,and occurs in only 4% of adults.I guess Neil and I are for sure in that 4% and it tends to run in families.Research indicates that there is no diffrence between the number of men and women who sleep talk.I have that proof right in my own bed.I shared a room with my sister growing up,and she talked in her sleep too.
As a child,I had also been known to sleep walk.I remember dreaming one night,I must have been an early teen,about doing laundry.My Mom said she'd heard a noise,and went to check it out.I was standing at the washer,with it on,light on and everything,but I had put nothing in it.I have no memory of this,but I do remember the dream.And on another occasion my brother found me in the bathroom.Sitting on the closed toilet talking to myself.Again,the light was on.{I generaly wake up at least once a night to potty,}He tried talking to me,but I was mainly just babbling.I dont remeber this either.
So,I have a history of night time activities.My sister talked in her sleep too.Im not sure if she still does,as I have not shared a room with her in ten years.But we had bunk beds at one point.Me on top,her on bottom.She must have been about ten or so,maybe younger,but under the bed rails that held up my bed,she had pictures stuck up there.Friends,family,her animals.Well,one night as I was stepping up to get into bed,she sat straight up.I thought maybe shed heard me and was going to go potty.Nope,She sat up,looked at me,seemilgly wide awake,adn handed me a picture of our deceased PawPaw.She said,as if awake,take it,HEREWebMd,and a few other sites say that this night time chatter is normal in children ages 3-10.My kids both do it.Jake will mumble,and at times sit up and talk to you.He had night terros as a toodler,and that is a whole nother blog to itself.He grew out of it,and now he talks.Levi mumbles.I dont know if his is half rousing and talking himself back to sleep.But he does it too.Im not sure if my neice or nephew do it,but htey have a very good chance at it.
THe reasearch indicates that there may be other issues going on.Like mental illness,substance abuse,stress,and fever.I guess right now mine could be related to stress.Ive always been a VERY vidid dreamer and able to recall most of what happens.Im stressed right now about a situation with above mentioned sister,so I told Neil,that she is probably who I was talking to,but dont remeber a dream last night with her in it.
THere have been times when I've woken him up from a dead sleep,Screaming,HELP!!!HELP MEI also have lucid dreams too.ANd dreams that tell the future.Or just mainly bizzare occurances where I have to call the subject of my dream on the phone,just to check on them.My mom says Ive always had dreams like that.ANd was able to describe places Id never been to or seen in complete detail from the time i was a little kid.Jake has done this too,a few times.The women on my maternal side have ESP tendacies.My mom does not channel hers,but mine are so strong I have no choice.Maybe sleep talking is tied into all that.All the paracsychological things that happen to me.I dont know.Maybe.I cant see how they are not tied together.Its too bizzare sometimes how I will dream,and then that very thing happen,or I will read about it happening.
Its dejavu times 100.And I think its all related to my dreams and how I can recall them.Sometimes I will remeber the dreams that cause the sleep talking.I do this in my lucid dreams.Those dreams where I know im dreaming,and can somewhat control my actions,but not the actions of others.
I also have those flying dreams.In airplanes,yes,but thats not what I mean.I mean Im walking along,and bam,Im flying.Like Peter Pan and Wendy.Sometimes Its because I need to get from point A to B fast,or that Im happy in my dream and feel like flying,or that Im trying to get away from something.I normally only fly when Im very happy and things are going good.Not normally when Im stressed or bogged down by something.
So,I talk,do laundry,and holler in my sleep.Im a busy lady,even at night!

No comments: