Monday, February 2, 2009

Married Life

Yesterday we celebrated our second wedding anniversary.Along with my brother and sisterinlaw.We had not planned to all get married the same day,it just kinda happend.We eloped,and Lane and Mitz had a small ceremony at their house.I remember Lane telling me,a Thursday,who gets married on a freaking Thursday?Apparently we do.There was no big to do for Neil and I.He had to work,and aside from the beautiful flowers I got,there wasnt much difference.I am proud of us.We've made it,succesfully,through some tough obstacles.

An observation Ive made about some of the married couples Im close to.the ones that have very solid marriages.The ones whos marriages,I want to strive to be like,and the ones similar to my own happily ever after.The main issue is the THERMOSTAT! I'm serious.I sppent the night at my sisters on Friday.It was so cold you could have hung meat in there.I touched the thermostat when I got up b/c I was freezing and promplty got yelled at by my big sister.Her husband,Bobby,complains that she will keep the heat on 65 ish then cuddle up with a blanket.While he's sitting over there shivering too.At night,she keeps it cold,then sleeps with a box fan and the celing fan and 3 blankets.It cracked me up watching them,b/c I can totally relate.Becky and her husband Ben,are the same way.Ben is very hot natured.I was able to hang out with them on Saturday for a while.I thuroughly enjoyed my visit.She too got one of the good ones.When I was getting ready to leave,they were yelling at each other.I mean yelling,with the underline of humor.She was freezing,and went to bump the heater up a few degrees.He had a come apart.Apparnetly their agreement is that they keep it between 67-and 70 in winter,and if she turns it up more than that,he can turn on the air conditioner.I was howling laughing at them!Id never seen them so loud with each other! I knew it was not a "real" fight,but they were both so adamant about thier sides of the thermostat.I howled even more.She is cold,he is hot,so she covers up!I spent Saturday night at the inlaws.Yesterday morning,after observing my friends and other family members,I asked them how it worked at their house.On the 15th they will celebrate their 29th year of marriage,so I think they should be experts at each other by now,lol.MIL said shes pretty much oblivious to temperature unless its extreme one way or the other.FIL,on the other hand is pretty hot natured.But at night to sleep,she like it cold,and he likes it warm.Hers goes back to not having a heater in her room as a kid,and FIL,had a wall heater that he and his brother turned on to sleep all toasty.Im not sure who "wins" in that situation.But I do know she throws her covers off.She sleeps in jammies,and he,well,not nude,but barely clothed.I didnt really want to go there with them.lol.
So,it seems to be a pretty divided issue.One is cold,the other one is hot.Night time seems to be the most debated.Day time,your busy,going about daily things.But at night,you're still.And for most of them ones freezing and the other is sweltering.
At our house it is the exact same.Im warm blooded,as is Neil.But At night,I like a cool house and he likes it to be warm.I sleep in a tee in most weather and thats all,but in winter I slide on some thin jammie bottoms.Neil,he sleeps in his boxers and nothing else,no matter the season.He gripes b/c the kids are shivering and turning blue at night.I disagree and put them in jammies complete with socks,and blankets.Jake sleeps with 2 blankets.Levi sleeps hot like me,so even though hes completely clothed and covered,he wakes up warm,so he kicks off his blanket.I tell Neil I turn it down to 68 at night,to save energy.He says I should turn it to 68 at day,b/c Im up and moving.It is a constant disagreement around here.Right now its winter,and Ive had the heat up during the day,so since he normally sleeps during the day,hes fine.But when hes home,he wants the heat no lower than 70 to sleep.May sound odd,but if I turn it down just before I go to bed,and he stays up,he will turn it up.{its very chilly by the front windows where our couch is,and where he perches after we all go to bed}.I will wake up!From a dead sleep and comence to bitching about how hot it is.I literally will sweat,and I cant stand that when I sleep!So then the fight is on at 2 am sometimes.It is a never ending battle.And after seeing it first hand over the weekend with my people,I know I'm not alone.Nobody really wins in the situation either.I tell Neil to put on some clothes when he sleeps,and he says he cant sleep in clothes,He tells me to sleep without any on,and I tell him i cant.And round and round we go! It never freaking ends!!!It keeps things realatively humerous,but when I get mad from waking up from a deep sleep drenched in sweat,I hold a grudge.And since hes been shivering on the couch,even under a blanket,he holds one too.I hope that in the rest of our lives we are able to compromise on this issue,but I doubt it.....lol.

No comments: