Monday, January 5, 2009

NEW YEAR,NEW ME

So,with my ten year high school reunion looming over my head,and the 60 lbs Ive gianed since then,I want to get slimmer.No,not skinny.I'll never be skinny.At 5'7 I can handle a few extra lbs,but right now i dont feel good about ME.So Im going on a diet,OH more dreaded words,and Im going to get more active.I begged my PC dr for adipex.but she declined,due to the fact that i take Celexa.that and it makes me even more moody than I already am.But it does make me zoom.The pharmacist said i could take alli,but that stuff is 50 bucks.50 that in these days I dont have.So now its Equate shake for breakfast,simple lunch and smaller dinner.I was reading in People about protion size.I figured if i could half my portion size,I could loose weight.Neil has decided to build me a custom stroller,so I dont have to bend while pushing Levi around the block.Im tall and I think strollers are made for hte average 5'4 woman.I have a buddy in this too named Tam.She just had a baby,so shes motivated too.SHe suggested while trimming down,I cut back on caffine.I tried htat last week,since I do drink at least 2 heaping cups of coffee everymoring.I mixed decaf in withmy regular Community between roast.NOT HAPPENING.I felt like a blob.I can do decaf tea though.but in the AM i need my morning jolt.So Im not going fat free on everything,but lower fat,and healthier.I hope I can do this.I CAN!!!!I want to.I want to get back down in my 14's again.Im nto gonna give up smoking right now.Cant have my system in too much schock.I did get a big ball to do crunches on.it came with a dvd.So I reckon later Ill be popping it in.Blah!My down fall is dairy.Icecream,cream cheese,adn regular cheese.So I bought Light of all that.the 2% cheese is really good.Ive been munching on nuts instead of chips,and eating a turkey sandwich with light mayo and plenty of mustard.I already have cut out sugar in my mroing coffee in place of slpenda.I did that over the summer,when I tried Atkins.I bought fat free yougurt too.Im trying.Thank Heaven Ben for Ben and Jerrys fro Yo.I got out the pint the other night and my kids were standing in front of me like pidgeons.So I shard with them,ate a few bites,and actually got the same satisfaction of eating half a tub of Chunky Monkey at one sitting.Im not going to count calories,but i will be wathcing what i eat,and adding more veggies and fruit.We dont eat fried stuff anyway,due to my acid reflux.and we eat whole grain breads too.Neil likes white,Jakes likes wheat,so I buy the white wheat,everybody wins.I an thankful to Tam for her encouragement,and I hope I can give it to her too.SHe and I can do this!!!I ve already lost 2lbs,so small steps!!!!

No comments: